A Message from Consul General Liliana Ferrer to Los Rios DACA Students
Un Mensaje del Consulado General Liliana Ferrer a los Estudiantes de DACA de Los Ríos
What is the latest information about the DACA issue?
I’m a current DACA recipient. What should I do?
- In light of the federal judge’s ruling temporarily blocking the federal government’s decision to end DACA, any DACA recipient whose status is expiring should immediately reapply.
- Current Los Rios students may be able to get assistance from the Los Rios Foundation’s Student Emergency Fund for costs associated with applying.
- Scholarships are available for DACA renewal through Mission Outreach Fund.
- For assistance filling out and/or submitting renewal applications, please visit openingdoors.com. Download the organization’s flyers in multiple languages: English and Spanish here, and Filipino here.
- Detailed information from the Department of Homeland Security can be found here.
- Stay enrolled in school. Undocumented students are welcome on the Los Rios college campuses and should continue their education, with or without DACA.
- DACA enrollees should stay in the country.
- Know your rights and seek legal advice. For more information, visit: ilrc.org or ready-california.org
Am I still eligible for financial aid?
- Let’s move the DACA/Immigration resources section to the top of the links (just under the FAQ)
- United we Dream link – change URL to unitedwedream.org
- Add a link under Resources to the attached flyer called: All DACA and Related Issues Event at Folsom Lake College (2/23/18) – lets make sure this is set to come off the site when the event is over
- Can we also schedule some social media posts around this
- Replace California Immigrant Policy Center Resource Guide URL with this: https://caimmigrant.org/
DACA / Immigration Resources for DACA Recipients
DACA / Immigration Resources for Faculty / Staff
Los Rios Commitment to Inclusion
Student Free Speech
Faculty Free Speech
Laws & Policies
If you have additional information that you think may be valuable for others in one of these areas, please email: email@example.com